Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Battle Within!

Have you ever felt like no matter what you do everything goes wrong? Humm... I thought maybe you would have felt that way at least once. I have to say it is one of the most frustrating feelings for me. But right now it's a little more than a feeling, it's a reality.

So my 23rd birthday is only 7 days away! I'll be celebrating over the weekend with friends and family. And my day it maybe, but it feels like it's not fully for me.

I have found there are 2 types of people in the world, "Givers" and "Takers." I fall into the giver category myself. I am always trying to change to make others happy and more comfortable. And every year I do or at least try to do all of this stuff for my birthday, but somehow I end up disappointed and frustrated.

This is just not a birthday extravaganza problem, this is a day to day issue I deal with. In my line of work, customer service, I am constantly bending to please others. In all of my friendships and in my relationship I am bending to make others happy. I'm just a big people pleaser, and I don't want to be anymore.

I want to give, think, live, and love freely! I feel like I have to do all that I do know. I am seeking to please me. So do I become a taker? How do you turn the green light off and turn the red light on?

Really?

No comments:

Post a Comment