Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Love Rehab!

A few friends of mine have gone through the whole love and heartbreak thing more than once. And every time it has left them with an even more bitter taste in their mouths about love. I can say that at least one of them has given up on the whole idea, and forbids themselves to ever again get emotionally attached to another person.

I can't say I blame them for never wanting to experience the heartache again. Going through it once kept me guarded for years. But I then decided to love again and give my all into another relationship. And I've grown to realize love itself is necessary to existance.

What I went through in high school with love was major then but nothing now! Looking back on past relationships, I realize where I went wrong. If we would just take more time loving ourselves for a little while, realizing real love from fake would be easier.

One thing I learned from a good guy friend of mine is that you should be loved the way you want to be loved. Many people including myself settle for less then what they deserve. And when it all goes sour, they decided love has done them wrong.


Correction you have wronged yourself. Before your next dive into love friends, take some time to love yourselves. Once you have loved you, you will realize if and when someone else is actually loving you back! So in between heartache and happiness, go through love rehab with youself.

Until next time friends! Be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment